- I can use the correct historical vocabulary in my writing and discussions about the past
- I can describe the ways of life of ordinary people who lived in this country or other parts of the world in the past.
- I can describe the beliefs and ideas people held.
- I can describe connections between developments in different time periods
- I can describe why an event, people or individual are significant
- I can talk about the causes and effects of events in the past
- I can ask and answer more complex questions about the past
As a challenge, we ended the topic by creating a Maya artefact. Each child designed and created their own clay tile as an example of what we might find in Mesoamerica as evidence of the Maya. The patterns were inspired by real idols that we explored in art.
It is safe to say that Year 6 have really enjoyed this topic and are excited to extend our role as historians with World War 2 in January.